Full course description
Transform Your Future
Passionate, proven, and inspired – you’re on the leadership fast-track at your organization. Discover what women leaders from around the world already know: The Women Leaders Program from the award-winning Center for Leadership at FIU will empower your career and life with the professional and personal insights you need to transform your future and succeed!
To advance their careers, women leaders need the passion and skills to rise to the next level. This research-based, facts-driven, and transformational program, will take you on a journey to discover the character traits and inner strengths you have to succeed. You will learn leadership skills you can activate now, how to use collaborations to elevate cooperation, and to go from a task-focused manager to visionary leader – all to benefit yourself, your team, and your organization. Transform your future at the Center for Leadership at FIU.
Click here to learn more and register for this program.
Live program sessions on August 2022 - November 2022
Program sessions from 1:00pm to 5:00pm ET each day
Live Online (Zoom)
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for women that serve as mid- to senior-level area managers, directors, or vice presidents with a decade or more leadership experience and broad responsibilities over operations and other managers.
Not sure if this program is the right fit for you or want more information before applying? Contact a member of our team or view our other program options for individual contributors, managers, and established executives.
Our leadership development programs for principals continue to gain recognition around the world. In seven short years, we have garnered thirteen different accolades from HR.com, Chief Learning Officer Group, and most recently UPCEA… including six #1 rankings! Read more about our rankings.
Benefits for the principal
- Build a strong understanding and awareness of self, and understand how self-knowledge strengthens leadership capabilities.
- Identify and leverage personal strengths that add value to your organization.
- Discover how to foster relationships to better influence high-level decisions.
- Develop the art of storytelling in strengthening communications and influencing others.
- Learn to create, foster, and lead healthy work cultures for you, your team, and your organization.
Benefits for the organization
- Build leadership capacity by equipping high performing women executives to assume added or greater responsibility.
- Develop a team of skilled executives adept at leading from a strengths-based point of view.
- Identify organizational leaders capable of building leadership capacity and engaging those they lead.
- Strengthen talent development and effective succession planning processes to ensure sustainable leadership capacity for the organization.
- Strengths-based approach to leadership: understand the role personal strengths play in our leadership
- Personality and leadership: understand how who we are affects our leadership behaviors
- Values in leadership: clearly define the role of personal values in leadership to better understand your decision making process
- Power and influence: understand the importance of power and influence and how to use both in your leadership position
- Healthy work cultures: create and lead a healthy work culture in your organization
- Leading change: gain a fresh perspective on how to lead change for even greater achievements
- Leadership roundtable: the opportunity to participate in a roundtable with an industry women leader
- Introduction to action plans: craft a personal action plan for implementation upon returning to work
- Leading with stories: learn to use stories and storytelling techniques to make communications and presentations more compelling and influential