Full course description
Accelerate Your Leadership Journey
As an emerging leader, you are ready to accelerate your leadership journey and transition from willing manager to trusted leader. Discover what front-line managers already know: The Leadership Accelerator Program from the award-winning Center for Leadership at FIU will build your self-awareness, strengthen your behavioral and skill toolkit, and improve strategic alignment with your team and organization.
The research is clear, the best leaders are continually developing self and taking action to develop their skills – big and small. And it’s not only about getting leadership ‘right’, but it’s about becoming a better and more effective leader. This program will prepare you with the skills to drive optimal performance of your team, improve buy-in from key stakeholders, and develop a concrete plan for continued acceleration of your leadership momentum upon returning to work. Accelerate your leadership journey at the Center for Leadership at FIU.
March 15-19, 2021
March 15 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm ET
March 16-19 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm ET
Live Online (Zoom)
Who should attend?
This program is designed for front-line managers with 2-10 years of management experience. Well-qualified participants are responsible for leading a team of individual contributors. Job titles may include assistant/associate directors, senior managers, project managers, or managers.
Our leadership development programs continue to gain recognition around the world. In seven short years, we have garnered thirteen different accolades from HR.com, Chief Learning Officer Group, and most recently UPCEA … including six #1 rankings! Read more about our rankings.
Benefits for the individual
- Build a strong understanding and awareness of self, and understand how self-knowledge strengthens leadership capabilities.
- Strengthen skills to generate effective communication, drive optimal performance and ensure successful conversations.
- Learn to direct energy to drive best possible outcomes for self, teams, and organizations.
- Improve buy-in from key stakeholders to address strategic initiatives/goals.
- Develop an action plan to tackle an area for personal and professional growth upon returning to work.
Benefits for the organization
- Build organizational capacity for managers to assume greater responsibilities and capacity for front-line managers to assume greater responsibilities.
- Develop individuals to strengthen internal talent development and drive succession plan initiatives.
- Identify organizational leaders capable of building leadership capacity and engaging those they lead.
- Increase internal productivity and effectiveness.
- Leading self: leverage the totality of who you are and engage in self-reflection
- Values in leadership: clearly define the role of personal values in leadership to better understand your decision-making process
- Power and influence: understand the importance of power and influence and how to use both in your leadership position
- Direct your energy: learn to effectively delegate the appropriate decisions and tasks to the right people at the right time with proper follow-through
- Leveraging networks: explore the critical role social networks play in determining professional success
- Coaching others: provide tactful, well-timed and appropriate developmental feedback
- Valuable insight: participate in a roundtable with an industry leader
- Leading change: gain a fresh perspective on how to lead change for even greater achievements
- Developing your leadership agenda: craft a personal action plan for implementation upon returning to work