Full course description
Elevate Your Leadership
You’re a proven leader at your organization and ready to take the next step. Discover what directors to VPs nationwide already know: The High-Impact Leadership Program from the award-winning Center for Leadership at FIU will unearth your dynamic, adaptive, and creative capabilities and transform them into a competitive advantage – for you, your team, and your organization.
Great leaders become better by uncovering and motivating the strength, skills, and traits that will elevate their existing leadership capabilities. This program provides models and action steps to prepare leaders – like you – to become even better. Develop your portfolio of strategic leadership skills to assume greater responsibilities, tackle daunting challenges, and drive collaboration across every sphere you and your team touches. Elevate your leadership at the Center for Leadership at FIU.
April 26 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm ET
April 27 - 30 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm ET
Day 6 & 7 – Executive Coaching Sessions - Times TBD
June 16 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm ET
Live Online (Zoom)
Who should attend?
This program is designed for leaders that serve as mid-to senior-level area managers, directors, or vice presidents with a decade or more leadership experience and broad responsibilities over operations and other managers.
Not sure if this program is the right fit for you or want more information before applying? Contact a member of our team or view our other program options for individual contributors, managers, and established executives
Our leadership development programs continue to gain recognition around the world. In seven short years, we have garnered thirteen different accolades from HR.com, Chief Learning Officer Group, and most recently UPCEA … including six #1 rankings! Read more about our rankings.
Benefits for the individual
- Make small adjustments that can have a large impact.
- Enhance the ability to engage others and lead with strategic purpose and vision.
- Increase strategic capabilities and the ability to “make the right call”.
- Build a strong understanding and awareness of self, and understand how self-knowledge strengthens leadership capabilities.
- Develop the different (and sometimes non-intuitive) skills needed for leading individual versus teams’ strategic initiatives.
Benefits for the organization
- Build leadership capacity by equipping high performing executives equally capable of assuming added and/or greater responsibilities.
- Develop a team of skilled executives adept at identifying and avoiding personal “derailers”.
- Identify organizational leaders capable of building leadership capacity and engaging those they lead.
- Strengthen talent development and effective succession planning processes to ensure sustainable leadership capacity for the organization.
- Personality and leadership: understand how who we are affects our leadership behaviors
- Values in leadership: clearly define the role of personal values in leadership to better understand your decision making process
- Leadership derailers: identify the unique subset of potential derailers that are “danger zones” and develop strategies for minimizing derailing behaviors
- Hidden traps of decision making: learn how to avoid decision-making traps caused by cognitive biases or emotional responses
- Leading teams: engage in a high stakes decision scenario to develop skills to foster team performance and lead teams to make great decisions
- Building effective networks: explore the critical role social networks play in determining professional success and build your network to leverage competitive advantage
- The importance of narratives in leadership: understand the importance of vision and narratives in creating alignment and engagement at all organizational levels
- Developing your leadership agenda: craft a personal action plan for implementation upon returning to work
- Lessons in leadership: develop strategic leadership skills by taking advantage of both big and small moments by using myriad subtle behaviors which fly under the radar of most observers
- Leading with stories: using stories and storytelling techniques to make communications and presentations more compelling and influential
- Leadership roundtable: the opportunity to participate in roundtables with an industry leader
- Executive coaching: A unique benefit of participating in The High-Impact Leadership Program is the opportunity to meet one-on-one with an executive coach. These sessions will allow you to enlist objective feedback from a trained professional on issues or matters of particular concern to you. You may also use these sessions to gain further insight on some of the sessions or tools discussed during the program. This program includes two executive coaching sessions. Your sessions will be approximately 50 minutes long.