Full course description
About this course
The Records Management Compliance Training is offered inform the FIU community about the Records Management program and the required procedures to follow in order to comply with the Florida Public Records Law. Participants will learn about FIU’s records policies; they will also explore the principles of basic Records Management and best practices. The training will enable anyone who manages records to pay attention to the types of records in their possession, create methods that will allow them to better organize their workspace and practice the proper disposition of records when necessary.
What will I learn?
- Public Records Law Requirements
- FIU Policies about Public Records
- Public Records Access
- Records Retention and Disposition Requirements
- Electronic Records/Email Management
- Active/Inactive Records Management
- Completing electronic Records Disposition Document (RDD) form
Who is this course for?
- All Staff & Faculty
- Records Administrators
- Records Clerks & Admin Assistants
- Department Record Custodians
- Any other personnel who process and/or maintain records for their department
What will I receive when the course ends?
After successfully completing this course, you will receive a certificate of completion and 2 hours of professional development credit.
Please note: Be sure to fill out and submit a PDH form available at www.profdev.fiu.edu in order to receive the credits.